Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grandpa & Grandma's Ttime to Brag

It's bragging time in our household  This artical appeared in the Summerville Journal Scene about our grandson Devin, yesterday.

"THE GAMECOCK SOCCER PROGRAM HAS HOOKED ANOTHER LOWCOUNTRY STANDOUT"


     Fort Dorchester’s Devin L’Amoreaux has verbally committed to playing for the University of South Carolina men’s soccer team. The Patriot junior says he got to know members of the Gamecock staff well over the past several years and has friends who already gave their verbal commitment to USC so the decision was an easy one to make.
     “I started going to Carolina camps when I was 10 and things went really well for me there,” L’Amoreaux said. “One of their scouts told me that first year they would be at my door in 2010. I’ve known the coaches for a long time and they are a pretty good team, plus I will know some of the other members of the team.”
     L’Amoreaux is a two-year starter for the Patriots who plays the center-mid and forward positions. He was among the leading scorers for the Fort last season, but he says the Gamecocks are probably more interested in him for his footwork and ability to set up plays from the midfield.
     He has extensive club-ball experience and currently suites up for South Carolina United FC, a US Developmental Academy team that is ranked No. 3 in the country. Coached by Clark Brisson, it is the only Carolina team in the Development Academy League.
     L’Amoreaux is currently ranked No. 4 in the South Atlantic Region and 60th in the country on the TopDrawerSoccer.com Top 100 Players to Watch in 2012 list. He was one of only 28 players selected to attend the US Men's U17 National Team Training Camp held recently at IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla.
     When he arrives at USC in 2012, he will join several athletes he has already played with, or against, including his Fort D teammate Wesley Eads. Other familiar faces will include Pinewood goalkeeper Robert Beebe and Lexington High’s Ryan Freiburger, who were also selected for the South Carolina United FC program and have committed to USC.
     “I’m excited,” L’Amoreaux said. “I think it will be a great opportunity for me and that we will be pretty successful at the college level. That is some pretty good company and I only see those guys improving down the line. There will be some real competitors on that team so it should be fun.”
                                                         Article written by Roger Lee Summermile Journal Scene

1 comment: